Home' The Mirror Queenstown Lakes : October 31st 2012 Contents 31.10.12
as low as, or less than
for 9 months
of hot water, for serious savings.
Solar Electric Systems
0508 468 9283
Certifed Central Otago & Southern Lakes installers
Make sure you visit the tent to see the
children's interactive displays about their
Tent Timetable 12 -- 16th November - Pioneer Park
12 Nov 12.30 - 2.30pm -- St Gerards Primary
13 Nov 10:00 -- 2:00pm - Goldfields Primary
14 Nov 9.30am - 2.30pm -- The Terrace Primary
15 Nov 10.00am - 2.00pm - Cromwell Primary
16 Nov 9:30am - 2.30pm -- Alexandra Primary
Saturday 10th Nov.- Sustainable House Tour
Book at CO REAP
Wednesday 14th Nov. -- Food Forum -- 7:30pm
Alexandra Community Hall.
Sunday 18th Market Day at Pioneer Park. Visit;
• Sustainable Alley -- View and talk about Sustainable
Products and Services.
• Community Garage Sale -- Your opportunity to sell
your pre-loved goods.
Make your own commitment to a more Sustainable
Lifestyle on the Commitment Wall
Alexandra Thyme Festival
Alexandra Thyme Festival Advertising Feature
Thursday 15 November
Friday 16 November
Saturday 17 November
Sunday 18 November
• Drawing for Everyone & Anyone -Joanne
Deaker $50 9.30am - 2.30pm Think you can't
draw? Uncover your ability to draw through
this facinating brain science method.
• Remodel, Restyle & Revamp Your
Clothes- Shona Bain $12 9.30am - 2.30pm
Turn old clothes into a fashion statement
• Water Wise Plants & Gardens - Jo Wakelin
$10 11.00am - 12.00pm approx. Discuss
plants suitable for dry land gardening
followed by a tour of gardens.
• Artists Books - Melissa Larsen $45 9.30am
- 3.30pm Create mono prints using local
plants and turn into a series of sculptural
• Bunting - Jane Battrick $10 10.00am -
12.00pm Make a string of bunting to
brighten up a room or for a special occasion.
• Laughter Yoga - Sarah Berger $5 12.15 -
12.50pm or 5.30 - 6.15pm Laughter is our
body's natural antidote to stress and the
cultivation of joyfulness.
• Hair Decorations - 9 - 13yrs Jane Battrick
$10 3.30 - 4.30pm Create decorations to
attach to clips, hair bands or a necklace.
• Introduction to Hand Drumming - 5-8yrs
Matt La Hood $5 3.30 - 4.30pm Use the
Djembe drum, explore the concepts of
rhythm and timing.
• Rock Climbing for Adults - Central Rock
Climbing $12 5.30 - 7.30pm Learn to rock
climb safely with qualified and experienced
• Butchering a Deer - Tony Tohill $5 7.00 -
9.00pm Demonstration by a local butcher
on how to cut and get the best out of your
• Healthy Eating Discussion/Chat -a
Thrive, 15 Ventry Street 12.00pm Support-
ing local growers. Produce samples.
• School Concert Pioneer Park - No Cost. 12
noon Local primary schools performing.
• Photo Montage - Viv Weller $20. 9.00am -
12.00pm Produce a montage of 20 - 30
• Candle Making - Beryl Oliver-Reid $12.
1.30 - 2.30pm Make soy tealights/shaped
burner melts of different shapes and
• Real Beer & Wild Goat Curry - Mike Wing/
Mike Tubbs $20 7.00pm - 9.00pm How to
brew beer from scratch, sharpen your knife
& turn freshly shot wild goat into curry.
• Barefoot Walking & Running - Peter
McDonald No Cost 5.15 - 6.15pm Discussion
on the benefits of walking and running
• Pre-School Music & Movement - Pioneer
• Go Green Super Hero Team Challenge -
Pioneer Park 12.00 - 1.00pm Register at
REAP. Using materials from WasteBusters
transfer them into your favourite superhero!
• Altered Rhymes Prizegiving - Alexandra
Library 3.30pm. All welcome to hear
• Harim Oh - St Enochs Church Gold Coin
7.30 - 8.30pm. Clarinetist recital
accompanied by Bronwyn Barnes.
• Photo Montage - Viv Weller $20, 9.30am -
1.30pm Produce a montage of 20 - 30
• Plein Air Painting - Nigel Wilson $40,
10.00am - 3.00pm Painting in an outdoor
• Gold 150 Sculpture Unveiling - 11.30am.
Boat ramp in Dunorling Street - Artist, Alan
• Improvisation Competition - Theatre
Sports Gold Coin. 2.00 - 3.30pm Dunstan
High School, Roxburgh Area & Cromwell
College - SBS room at Central Stories.
• Mayors Scavenger Hunt - Central Stories
Gallery No Cost. 1.30 - 4.00pm Collect form
• Pecha Kucha Night - Alexandra
Community Centre $20. 7.30pm. 10 visual or
performing artists will share their work - 6
minutes each. Tickets available at REAP and
• Buskers - 10.00am - 2.00pm, 4 spots
available for 1 hour (can be solo or groups).
Organised by Alexandra District Youth.
Takings are all yours! Entry forms available
• Markets - 10.00am - 4.00pm an amazing
selection of stalls including crafts, art and
produce. Ph 449-2119 to book.
• Art Sale in the tent - 10.00am - 2.00pm
Register at REAP.
• MORE FM Talent Quest - 10.00 - 11.00am.
Involves performances from throughout the
Central Otago region. Great prizes! Register
with MORE FM.
• Sustainable Alley - 10.00am - 4.00pm
Community groups, businesses and indi-
viduals showcase their sustainable products
and services. Register space at REAP.
• SKIP Time With Dad - 10.00am - 1.00pm
Bring your child/ren along and create things
with wood and natural materials.
• Community Garage Sale - 10.00am -
4.00pm. Sale of pre-loved goods. Register
space at REAP.
• Winners Announcement - 11.00am
Children's Art Exhibition People's Choice,
Super ECO Hero Design, Gold 150
Scavenger Hunt & Healthy Lunch Box
Registrations essential for all Walks,
Events and Workshops.
• Register for walks with Alexandra i-site
• Registration and more information on all
events and workshops phone Central
Otago REAP 448 6115 or 0800 267 327 or
• Registration will be confirmed with
• A full Thyme Festival programme can be
found at: www.thymefestival.co.nz
Arts Council Inc
Thank you to our sponsors ...
Links Archive October 24th 2012 November 7th 2012 Navigation Previous Page Next Page